« Home | No Christmas without Christ » | Happy Whatever! » | I wanted to post » | What I DO NOT want for Xmas. » | Can't take the heat? Get out of our kitchen. » | Ah....I love the smell of commerce in the afternoo... » | I need to know. » | Another day in my life » | My brother calls. » | Questions Answered »

Lessons for Thordora

I think I grew up a bit this year, helped in part by a new daughter, blogging and just plain old age. And I have a few nuggets to pass on:


  • Stress rests in your mind. Focus on what you need, not what you want, and you'll be better.
  • The only way out is through. This applies to birth, fights with husbands, and line ups at Walmart. Of course, birth is the only one you can't walk away from.
  • It's never that bad. Of course it isn't. Am I starving and missing an arm in Rwanda? Nope. So buck up. Could be worse.
  • Rosemary and Spagetti Sauce don't go together. Ask the Dorf. He knows.
  • Sometimes I am wrong. In the worst of ways.
  • It is possible to love more than one person to the point of distraction. It is also possible to want to throw things at more than one person at a time.
  • Life is better viewed as a series of remarkable events, rather than stuff that happens to us. We create life, and we form our lives.

I feel more settled and calm now than I have in a very long time. Don't get me wrong, somedays everything still sucks, but I feel some sort of clearing of the storm in my head lately. And it's really nice, like someone took a swiffer to it.

And to quote my favorite Micheal Ondaatje poem....

Want everything. If you break, break going out, not in. I'll break my arms for you, hold your secrets forever."

Profound and intelligent xx

I hate being wrong. good points Thor.

Shouldn't this read "Lessons FROM Thordora?" I sure learned something. :)

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
& Blogger Templates
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from thordora. Make your own badge here.
- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
(Random Site)
SomaFM independent internet radio